Friday 11 April 2014

Downtime : Pain Management


Downtime: Pain Management

Hello! I hope you are enjoying a pain free day, but for those days when you aren’t. Here are three ideas that might help ease the pain a little.

1.     Walking
The idea of getting out of bed when you suffer from chronic pain can sometimes be quite daunting, but if you can manage to do it, taking a little walk – even just around the house can really lift your mood and help make your body stronger.  If you aren’t up for a walk however, then it might be easier to try my next suggestion in the comfort of your bedroom.

2.     Stretching/ Yoga
I find that if I do some stretches first thing in the morning, I feel a lot better during the day with a lot more energy and with a lot less sharp pains in my pelvic area where my endo is the worst.

Here are some regular poses in my routines:

Cobra Pose



  
Click on this link for step-by-step directions

Reclined Hero Pose


Click on this link for step-by-step directions
* when following the guide, stop at step 4 if carrying on is too difficult.

Seated Wide Legged Straddle



Click on this link for step-by-step directions



Joy Thru Yoga has some more great poses for endometriosis as well as in-depth information about each pose and its effects. Click here to see more.

What are some of your options for dealing with chronic pain? 

2 comments:

  1. Nice post.

    http://thevulgariangirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tra, I hope it's helpful. x

    ReplyDelete